Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sakae Sushi @ Hougang Point

The one thing that bugs me is the uneven quality of food served across different branches of the same restaurant. Last Friday, JT, FT and I went down to Sakae Sushi at Hougang Point to celebrate FT's good exam results and I must say, the quality of food there was a far cry from the branch at Compass Point.

The California Temaki looked so appetising in the menu, but when it arrived, I stared down at the sorry roll lying limply on my plate. The avacado was the best part of the dish.



FT wanted something different and ordered the Tempura Udon. The dish was satisfactory but I was surprised by its saltiness. There were only 2 small pieces of chicken in the soup and I was left wandering if the chicken was part of the meal or accidently dropped in.




JT ordered his usual Kaminabe and the quality of ingredients was much lower than those we had at the airport and at Compass Point. The first and very apparent difference we noted was the number of pieces of chicken. The second were the vegetables - there was a large heap of lettuce piled beneath the rest of the ingredients.




Thankfully, when my Tempura Moriawase came, it was hot and crispy.


Still, the $50 I spent on the meal could have better been spent elsewhere.

Sakae Sushi
Hougang Point

No comments: