Monday, October 19, 2009

Cosmo Cafe @ Kovan

It was one of those days where no one could agree on what to eat. FT wanted western, JT wanted rice and as for myself, I was just tired of the usual fare. We ended up in Heartland Mall at Kovan and decided to have dinner at Cosmo Café.

Prices are reasonable, about $5 - $10 for most of the dishes. Service is friendly and efficient. It’s a place to go when you don’t know what to eat. There's something for everyone in the menu: fried rice, noodles, finger food, toasts, spaghetti, surf and turf etc. Food is decent as long as one is not too fussy.

JT ordered a plate of Mui Fan which was surprisingly was quite appetizing. Just imagine Hor Fan with rice instead of kway teow. There were chicken chunks, crabsticks and prawns.



FT ordered the chicken baked rice. Wanted to take a picture but FT was too quick to the draw.

I mulled over the menu for quite some time before deciding on something light – mushroom omelette. It came with fries and coleslaw. Boring choice but I felt rather full. It was a light and savoury meal. I gave the coleslaw a miss though. It had a tangy dressing instead of my preferred creamy base. The cabbage was also shredded too coarsely for my liking, giving it too raw a taste.



Cafe Cosmo
Heatland Mall

No comments: