Sunday, November 15, 2009

Malaysia Escapade: River View Restaurant @ Karang

When I arrived at the restaurant, my hopes were raised. According to the guide, it was a popular eating place for the locals and the residents from KL would take the 1.5 hour drive to Karang just for its seafood.. Just look at the restaurant, doesn't it just scream "Malaysia!" ?





I ordered a nice lemak coconut and waited in anticipation for the food to arrive.
But when that blasted bowl of soup came, my hopes were dashed to a thousand pieces. Fortunately, ithe meal was salvaged by the seafood dishes that came forth. The steamed fish came with a spicy kick (thank goodness) and the fish was fresh and sweet. The best dish of all was the minced prawn coated with salted egg. Extremely lemak with generous pieces of salted egg yolk hanging off the prawns. I steered clear of the soup.



If I weren't so jelak of the sit down Chinese meals, I would say that this was the best meal I had so far.


No comments: